Saturday, March 10, 2007

Just the Facts, Ma'am

No humor. No insights. No sentiment. Today, it's just the facts, ma'am.

George, Cindy, Andrew (Cindy's boyfriend) and I will be going together to the City of Hope tomorrow for round one of chemotherapy. The phlebotomist will draw some blood, we'll meet with my doctor for a brief consultation and then I'll be hooked up for an eight and a half hour infusion of R-CHOP (Rituxin + chemo). And, yes, you read that right - 8.5 hours.

George has to scurry off after our meeting with the doctor because he has to be in San Francisco for bank business for three days. But Cindy and Andrew will stay to keep me company, and my friend Chris will bring us all home at the end of the day.

If you're in the Duarte area between 10 am and 6:30 pm, stop by the City of Hope and say hello.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hang in there tomorrow, Susan. Many, many friends will be thinking about you and caring about you tomorrow. I certainly will. :-)

I have a "light" work week, so I'll plan to come by with a care package on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Susan, sending you a warm hug from the Big Apple. Your female tribe is vast and reaches coast to coast no doubt about it.
I am thinking of you and will be following your amazing blog.

Liz Berardi

SAMO Calling said...

Anxiously waiting, wondering, praying, hoping for your speedy return to the blog. Endure Baby endure!