Thursday, November 8, 2007

Countdown

I've just returned from a stroll without the pole and am savoring my last 20 minutes of untethered freedom. My nurse, Christina, will come at 10:30 am to hook me up for my pre-meds. I should be conked out by 10:31 and will likely sleep through the four-hour infusion of Carmustine. I wonder if the staff will still mistake me for a visitor instead of a patient when I wake up.

I have a fabulous, Central-Park-style view from my window; my favorite patient care assistants (PCAs) and nurses have been taking good care of me and I'm learning how to survive on "spa" food. (For breakfast, you can't go wrong with a bowl of Cheerios, milk and banana, the only fresh fruit I'm allowed.) So far, so great.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad everyone is taking good care of you. I'm so sad that I can't bring you food. Food is such a symbol of caring. I'm wondering: what can we bring you? Are you fixed for books? Music? Goldfish? I know...you probably lack little in your spa like surroundings. But if it would make us feel good to bring you something...

Unknown said...

Hi Susan Good luck. I will be sending some pictures from Chicago. I managed to get a google name so I am no longer anonymous on your blog. Cheers Howard

Emily Tellez said...

"Central-Park-style view", now that does sound inviting. I love your outlook (bad pun?). See you sometime next week. I'll call the nurses station prior heading to CoH. REST.
Hugs,e

Susan C said...

I have a great way for friends to show their love. They can play Scrabble with me and . . . let me win.

It will be interesting to see what words I construct in this chemo-induced fog.

Anonymous said...

I know there are interactive game sites for chess and stuff...so maybe there is a Scrabble game site? I love Scrabble...but I would definately let you win, Susan...you winner, you! Love, Suze

Piper Robert said...

Hey!!!........you playing the cancer card again? You never let James win at croquet.

What was for dinner?

Bonnie and I are praying for you. Love from big brother.

Margaret said...

I won't even have to try to let you win. I am shockingly bad at Scrabble. But I'm still getting you something. Now, you will have no excuse it is something horrible, like a size 16 skirt or a potato peeler (both of which I have received...because I was too coy to say what I wanted.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.