Friday, July 11, 2008

Final SF Attraction

My dear friend Bob in SF, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer earlier this year, is fading. His primary care physician at the VA Hospital called me on Wednesday to let me know that Bob was moved from the hospital to hospice care. "Come sooner rather than later," he urged.

I'm driving up today for what I hope won't be my last visit with Bob. His beloved cat, Puss, will travel back with me on Sunday. Our dog Betty will not be happy to have a third cat in the household, but she'll just have to adjust. Like all of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. If Bob will have access to the Internet on his good days, perhaps you can post some photos of Puss on the blog.

I'm sure he'll take comfort in the fact that Puss will have a loving home.