Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How much do I owe you?

If you're reading this post, no doubt you can see the little "Light the Night" widgets in the left column. I wonder how many of you have clicked on the widget. I wonder if any of you have thought, "I'd like to give a little something, but I don't know how much." I wonder how much the woman at Dosa paid for her orange Hermes bag.

If you've also wondered about how much to donate, I'd like to offer a few giving guidelines today.

I suggest that you consider your Cancer Banter experience. Have you ever been:
  • Enlightened
  • Entertained
  • Informed
  • Inspired
  • Thankful
For each experience, consider donating $10 to Light the Night. For example, If you've thought, "I'm thankful I don't have cancer," and "That was really funny when Susan couldn't get her skirt off," that's 20 bucks for the LLS.

On the other hand, if reading Cancer Banter has been a real downer for you, consider subtracting $10 from that total for each time you have been:
  • Disgusted
  • Disappointed
  • Filled with regret
  • Angry
If you come up with a negative number, let me know.

No comments: