Friday, July 18, 2008

You're beautiful and I love you


When I was going through treatment last year, my friend Bob would leave a lavish message for me once a week: "This message is for my dear and beautiful friend Susan to tell her that I love her."

Call me easy, but these words in Bob's mellifluous voice would melt my heart every time.

Is it any wonder I make mad dashes to SF? Now that Bob is fading, I never miss an opportunity to tell him, "You're beautiful, and I love you." The words always bring a smile to his face.




The titles on Bob's bookshelf reveal his beautiful mind.
I love the title "Black Intellectuals, Black Cognition and the Black Aesthetic."


2 comments:

Doreen said...

Glad to see your posting. Hope you are feeling better. You're beautiful and everyone loves you!

Susan C said...

Ahhh, thanks, Doreen. I never get tired of hearing that. :)

And thanks so much for supporting me and the LLS Light the Night!