Monday, July 28, 2008

Happiness is a warm blanket.

If I could give new City of Hope patients one piece of advice, it would be, "If someone offers you a warm blanket, take it."

There's nothing like a fresh warm blanket, straight out of the oven, to turn a cranky patient into a cozy one. If someone could figure out how to bake chocolate chip cookies in there at the same time, patients would flock to the City of Hope like preteens to a Miley Cyrus concert. Even patients without cancer would be begging for admission.

Today, I just couldn't bear to walk from the hospital, where I had my x-ray, to the clinic, so I requested transportation (aka wheelchair service). I knew what was coming next.

The technician's first question: "Would you like a warm blanket?"

My answer: "You betcha!"

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I know what you mean. Somehow, that warm blanket made it all okay! Hang in there and take it easy girl! love, n

Anonymous said...

Good job for asking for help when you needed it. The warm blankie sure helps too! ;-) So many times we patients try to be tough and end up with a gurney (instead of a chair) and no warm blankie and LOTS of other issues.

Take it easy and don't be butch for me!

Trish