Friday, August 8, 2008

What's goin' on?

I know my post from yesterday talked about everything except the thing most readers wanted to know: What did Dr. Forman have to say?

The biopsy definitely showed that there are eosinophils (EOS) in the lung tissue. We are going to go ahead and continue with the fairly high dose of 60 mg of Prednisone daily because that will take care of both the EOS in the blood and the infiltrates in the lungs. We'll eventually taper off and then hope that the EOS does not rear its ugly head again.

I was looking forward to a fun and interesting day today, but, instead, I have spent most of the day sleeping in five-minute increments or throwing up. I write for five minutes, then sleep for five minutes. Sometimes I throw up in between. Dr Forman has called in a prescription for the nausea and throwing up.

Of course, I have no time for this. I'm throwing a summer harvest garden party on Sunday for about 25 people from my produce-sharing group. I'm writing a first-person piece about the group for the LA Times Home section, and an LA Times photographer will be at the party on Sunday.

Shouldn't I be outside resodding the lawn or something? Instead, my five minutes of awake time are nearly over, and I'm ready for another five-minute nap.

4 comments:

Mrs. Duck said...

Why are you throwing up? What does Dr. Foreman say? This is very unwelcome news. Just when you were sounding like your usual mischievous self. Boo! Not fair. I hope you get over the nausea soon. It's the last thing you need right now, Smookie.

SAMO Calling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SAMO Calling said...

Susan -
Throw a party = good
Throw an article = good
Throw UP = Not so good

Feel better my friend.

Lilli said...

Nausea is the worst. I'm glad your energy is better. Now I'm hoping your stomach is better soon so you can use that energy.