Monday, August 4, 2008

Feel that tingle?

The tingling sensation from sitting on the pins and needles will have to continue for a couple more days.

The bronchoscopy report showed nothing conclusive - just a couple of, "Well, it could be this, but, then again, it may not be" observations. As a result, I'm on three meds - the steroids (because we know those work), a med for the "maybe it's this," and another one to ward off possible mouth sores from the steroids. Ahhh, modern medicine. It's so precise.

Sarcasm aside, I'm thrilled to be back on the steroids because I know I'll start feeling like a human being again pretty quickly.

We'll get the results from the bronchial biopsy tomorrow and that should be more informative. Will they or won't they contain eosinophils is the big question. If EOS are in the lungs, we'll have a more accurate idea of how to proceed. I'll find out when I return on Thursday.

In the meantime, I've lost another three pounds since Friday and am down to a scrawny 111. When I point this out to Dr Forman, he replies, "You're not well." The weight loss is in spite of my new "a milkshake a day" mantra.

Now that I'm back on the Prednisone, my ironic* little diet pills, I may have to up that to two milkshakes.

*99% of people puff up on Prednisone.

1 comment:

Mrs. Duck said...

Well, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed all night. In the meantime, keep on keepin' on. The Ducks love you.