Friday, August 22, 2008

Ding Dong

Dare I say it? I think the new drugs are working. I think I may have turned the corner today.

I can tell because I didn't break into a cold sweat when the doorbell rang this afternoon. I didn't panic at the thought of going down the stairs and then up the stairs. And I didn't ignore it. I went downstairs, answered the door and turned down a magazine subscription. And then I walked back upstairs. Without collapsing.

What's more, the overwhelming sense of exhaustion seems to be slipping away. I'm slowly getting better!

(PS What does a hematologist order at a bar? A Bloody Mary, of course.)

5 comments:

Mrs. Duck said...

Yay! We're thrilled! You're more heroic than the US and Chinese Olympics teams combined! Go Smookie!
Love, the Ducks

Unknown said...

Great news!

Ann said...

I'm so happy to hear that you feel better!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! All my love to you!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so relieved to hear that you feel better. Keep taking it easy so you can fully recover from whatever the heck was ailing you. I'm still worried about you, so keep blogging! : ) I'm addicted to your blogs!!
love, nancy