Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Make it and break it

I'm no heart breaker, but I am a date breaker.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of making dates and breaking dates. I plan optimistically, then cancel regretfully.

The solution? I'm temporarily ditching my date book because I never know from hour-to-hour, day-to-day how I'm going to feel. Who knew that battling eosinophils could be more challenging than main-lining toxic chemicals during cancer treatment?

My only big plan is to get well soon. And that's a date I can't afford to break.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think ditching the datebook is a great idea. Just chill out and get better.

And when you are feeling perky? Well, I just might be up for a fish taco with a mere 20 minutes notice.

AngiDe said...

I just found your blog and I love it. (hope that is ok)
I run a nonprofit cancer project out of my home, I hope you will check it out: nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com

Stay Strong!

Unknown said...

I like this plan!

Anonymous said...

Susan,
you've broken my heart a few times! usually giving your wonderful heart and mind to everyone ..
and I wanted it all to myslef.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Praying for you to get well soon. Is there any other treatment besides prednisone? Love, Suzy

Nancy said...

Ditch the Datebook Girl. You can catch up with everybody when you are well. Give time to heal..... love ya, nancy sakakura

Piper Robert said...

Good for you!!! Run over the datebook with your car, while your at it.


I do have 2 dates circled on my calendar. Your birthday on August 15. Yahoooooooo!!! One of my three wishes is to go back in time and return with one of our favorite Home Industry birthday cakes and personally deliver it.

The other date is September 20.