Thursday, July 26, 2007

What I DIDN'T Do on Vacation

I didn't:

  • Go to a doctor's appointment.
  • Have a blood draw, transfusion, test or biopsy.
  • Talk or think obsessively about the Big C.
  • Do a single bit of cancer-related research.
  • Huff and puff after a four-mile walking excursion.
  • Pass out while single handedly flushing out my catheter line with Heperan.
  • Wear my wig, scarf or hat while taking a hike through the redwood forests of Mill Valley.
  • Feel self-conscious about the above.
BUT I did have a great time walking, shopping, eating and visiting with lots of good friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back! BTW, did you find Gumby in the anime' shop?

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD you had such a great time and a well-deserved break from everything!

Lots of love...

Karen C said...

It was wonderful to see you. You look fantastic. It was a special afternoon.

Unknown said...

Sarah and I so enjoyed spending time with you in San Francisco. You looked fabulous and seem to have more energy then ever. I hope your dinner was delicious. Hope we can see you soon in L.A. I read a quote today that reminds me of your attitude. You are truely a person who can turn chicken poop into chicken salad. You must be getting tired of hearing the lemons to lemonade quote by now.

Margaret said...

Glad you had a great time. Steve, the girls and I are leaving tomorrow for a week away ourselves. I'll check in on you when we get back. Best,
Margaret

Piper Robert said...

Another list would be, "What I didn't do in West Virginia."