Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Susan hits the Spot on Friday

Now that Susan's done with another round of chemo, the race is on to get her innards in shape for her next visit to Hotel Hope.

As you may have gathered, cancer is a full-time gig for Susan, and she's missed seeing friends minus the drug-induced fog of chemo.

So, she's going to park her pole-dancing derrière at The Taco Spot on Friday and enjoy a leisurely, late lunch.


While there is no medical evidence that spicy shrimp tacos boost platelet production, why take a chance? Better for her to eat tacos
now in case researchers discover a correlation later!

I, your faithful cancer correspondent, will be there as well, most likely up to my neck in nachos.

Why don't you play hooky and stop by for a visit and/or lunch? (If we're lucky, the hunks from the fire station across the street will stroll in.)


Here are the details:

Friday, June 29

1 to 2:30 p.m.
Stop by anytime during Susan's "office hours"

The Taco Spot

2006 Colorado Bl.
Eagle Rock
Here's the menu.


There's street parking and a small lot in back. This is a BYOB (buy your own burrito), very casual gathering. Seriously, wear your flip-flops.


If you think you'll be dropping by, just email Susan or leave a comment here, and we'll corral enough chairs. The restaurant should be emptying out by 1, so it'll be quiet enough to talk, possibly about the aforementioned muy caliente fire fighters.

Oh, and
Susan's progress, of course. We can chat about that, too.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Count me in. I'll even try and get the time right!

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't make it but will be thinking good thoughts towards you (say "hi" to the firefighters for me!)

Lisa C.

Karen said...

I will plan to come by. I've been wanting to try this place since you blogged about it a while ago, so this gives me a great excuse to do it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't make it--have been asked to be the musician at a memorial service during that time frame. But save me a firefighter or two (a la my response to your recent Things I Want to Do Before I Die posting) :-)

Have fun--I know you'll be blissful with food so spicy there's smoke coming out of your ears!

Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear you are out and about Susan. I'll be there and look forward to seeing you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,
I work in San Pedro on Fridays :(
Would have loved to have joined you.
Enjoy the Tacos. Do you know that I write for www.lataco.com.
Check it out when you have a chance.
much love,
frankie

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I missed it. And this my one day home between my trip to Phoenix to get my sick step-dad into a care home and going to Boise for my brother's bypass surgery. It would have made a lovely interlude. Well, I hope you all had a great time. Meanwhile, I'm catching up on your blog. The apricot-plum thing looks wonderful. Maybe there'll be a plum or two left when I return.
Love, Diane