Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boing, Boing, Boing


After I got the "bad news" on Monday, I spent 24 hours wallowing, worrying and obsessing. But I hit my nadir and came bouncing back, ready to enjoy a few more days of feeling the best physically since BC (before chemo). It's been nearly five weeks since the high-dose toxins have coursed through my veins.

All of this begs the question: If I'M so physically and emotionally resilient, what's with my platelets? I'm still dreaming of platelets multiplying, bouncing and soaring, but I'm prepared for any results that may come my way on Monday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Forget those home pregnancy tests, what you need is a home platelet test! It's crazy-making that you can do NOTHING but WAIT until MONDAY.

Here's a diversion for you (and any other local "Team Susan" members): The Neighborhood Church annual book sale opens tomorrow night (Friday) at 6 p.m. For a $5 donation you get wine, cheese, the author's corner program, and first crack at the goodies. The crowd is also smaller than on Saturday and Sunday.

My sister and I are going again this year and will most likely purchase our body weight in books.

Karen said...

Thinking good platelet thoughts, Susan ....

Paula, I thought of you when I was at Pottery Ranch on Huntington Dr. in Monrovia last weekend. Did you know they're having a close-out sale?

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Susan, and praying as well - PLATELETS, go up, already!

Hang in there, Susan.

Mrs. Duck said...

I'm thinking "PLATELETS!!! PLATELETS!!!" too!!! I want to know what you're planning to do with those boas ...

Love,
Mrs. Duck

Unknown said...

It's Sunday night! Susan has a blood test in about 12 hours. Keep those fingers crossed, and those platelet vibes humming.

Plate-LETS! Plate-LETS! Plate-LETS!

Anonymous said...

Hoping for the best and fingers crossed for tomorrow's test!

Lisa C.

Mrs. Duck said...

I'm concentrating and thinking "PLATELETS" like a computer program on an endless loop! I hope the news is good.

Love,
Mrs. Duck