Sunday, June 24, 2007

Come and Get 'Em - Plums & Apricots Are Ripe































I made this easy-to-prepare apricot and plum clafoutis from a recipe on the Williams Sonoma website for Father's Day. I'd never heard of a "clafoutis" before, but it's a like a French version of the humble cobbler - just a little more refined with brandy mixed in with the fruit and lemon zest added to the batter.

If you'd like to try your hand at a clafoutis, or if you'd like to bite into a freshly picked plum or apricot, please let me know. I'll be home from the hospital on Monday.

Annette, a fellow freecycler who posted that she's looking for apricots and plums, will be coming by on Wednesday to share the bounty. It turns out that she's also a one-year cancer survivor and received her diagnosis when her daughter was just one month old.

5 comments:

Troy Corley said...

Girl, that fresh fruit made my mouth water! I'll have to track down that recipe. :)

Emily Tellez said...

Now that you've made clafoutis, you might want to check out Clafoutis (the restaurant) on Sunset in WeHo. After you break plates in San Pedro, of course :-) Happy to read you're doing well. Will look forward to attending your One Woman Show!

Mrs. Duck said...

Yummm. I've never had a clafoutis, or even seen one. Looks scrumptious. I'm glad I'm not trying to lose weight, or I'd have to stop reading your blog!

Emily said...

Looks delicious! Wish we could stop over and pick some plums and apricots and bake a clafouti with you!
Ps. I watched Ina Garten make a pear clafouti and I think she used pear brandy to complement. Her recipe looked tasty, too.

Desiree said...

Hokay, so now you're a food blogger, complete with fabulous photos.
Sheesh!