Monday, October 22, 2007

Now THIS I'd Wear

OK, so Mikimoto's pink-threaded "hope" bracelet may not be something I'd strap on my wrist.

But here's something I 'd wear with pride.

Yesterday's "cancer-free party" did not disappoint. Meredith's home near Griffith Park, a former residence of Cary Grant, was spectacular. The champagne and food were top flight. But the best part was witnessing Meredith's soaring spirit, which is memorialized on the shirts that every guest received. (Tank tops for the gals, T-shirts for the guys, or vice-versa)

Yes, she bears physical scars from her colon cancer operation. And, like most of us, she has metaphorical scars from other life wounds. But the scars are sexy because they're a reminder of her strength, passion, persistence and resiliency.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your friend and best wishes! I look forward to the day when you have your party, Susan! Love you, Suze

Piper Robert said...

At first glance, I thought the tank top said, "Scots are Sexy." I smiled and mumbled, Sis has got the Celtic thing going. After I read your blog, I thought,"Ohhhhh.......S-C-A-R-S."