Friday, December 21, 2007

The Trend Continues

Day 32, Monday, December 17
WBC 2.8 (4.0-11)
RBC 2.73 (3.8-5.2)
HGB 9.3 (11.5-15.5)
PLT 26 (150-350)

Day 35, Thursday, December 20
WBC 2.9 (4.0-11)
RBC 2.62 (3.8-5.2)
HGB 8.9 (11.5-15.5)
PLT 24 (150-350)

We're continuing on the same trend: the white blood cells are inching up while the red, hemoglobin and platelets are continuing to creep back. I didn't need a transfusion on Thursday as I'd predicted, but I'll no doubt need a platelet (and possibly a red blood) transfusion when I return next Thursday. As usual, I don't feel any correlation between low hemoglobin and fatigue levels.

And I continue to feel stronger, both mentally and physically, every day.

Otherwise, my life for the moment seems blissfully boring, and I'm not complaining one bit!

5 comments:

janet aird said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Susan. What is WITH those platelets? Do they multiply on their own, in their own time????

Susan Carrier said...

Clearly those little plates are even more stubborn than I am.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.