Thursday, August 6, 2009

On the Road and Off the 'Roids

Those pesky eosinophils are under control, I get to taper down another notch on the 'roids (to 10 mg), and I'm looking forward to a full night's sleep. Ahh, sleep. Yes, I remember you.

My sleep may return, but I wonder if road food on road trips is a permanent thing of the past? On my recent fly-drive trip to four southern states, Ohio and WV, I found that good road food is about as scarce as, well, a good night's sleep.

Read more about it at Open Mouth, Insert Fork.

2 comments:

Mari Mansourian said...

So where are all those places Guy Richi stops at on that show of his on the Food network (i forget the name)??

Karen said...

A couple named Jane and Michael Stern do a road food bit every week on NPR's The Splendid Table show.

I think they have several books out, too. Their finds always sound so wonderful!